Riding loaded with cargo is core to Surly, whether running a front rack and bag setup or a full-blown cargo bike and trailer. There are times, however, when even the strongest riders are limited in what they can haul, so we created Big Easy, our long-tail electric cargo bike. Consider it the 18-wheeler of the cargo bike world, minus the diesel fumes.
When it comes to geometry, Big Easy rides and feels like a normal-length bike. We also increased stand-over height clearance and threw in dropper post routing to promote bike sharing across different-sized riders. So whether you want to wave goodbye to the old family gas hog, upgrade your bike-supported business’s two-wheeled fleet, or simply haul more bowling balls during your daily commute, Big Easy makes doing all that... easy.
- Full component set perfectly suited for electric cargo bikes, including four-piston Tektro brakes
- Equipped with Bosch Performance CX, the most powerful Bosch drive unit
- Damping headset for smooth and stable handling under heavy loads
- Capable of running dual batteries for extended range, if you’re into that.
- Large-volume 26” x 2.5” ExtraTerrestrial tires and durable wheel builds
- Frame integration with Surly Bill and Ted trailers for maximum cargo potential
- Dropper post
- Suspension stem
- Rack pads
- Passenger handlebars
- Ergon grips